You are having meals with your friends at a local restaurant. Suddenly, a rat falls from the ceiling and causes a scene...Well, this is not a scene from Pixar's Ratatouille.
According to Xinmin, the incident took place on December 27 at Saizeriya's Pujian Lu branch, when the "unexpected guest" fell from the restaurant ceiling and hit two of the diners. The rodent passed out instantly after hitting the ground, and was disposed of by a waitress.
Gif via Xinmin
"My colleagues were terribly frightened," a witness under the alias "Wobushididibabawu" wrote on Weibo. The restaurant allegedly waived their dining fee after the incident, but refused to pay the RMB2,000 compensation fee requested by the customers.
"The rat actually came through the fire passage," the restaurant manager argued. "Besides, the expense is a little too high for our branch to afford."
A couple of days later, the Pudong District Market Supervision and Management Bureau investigated the scene, reported Sina. Pest control service has been ordered for Saizeriya and the shopping mall. The restaurant was also asked to apologize to its customers.
As a matter of fact, this is not the first time hygiene issues have clouded the budget Italian chain. Last year, dead cockroaches were found in drinks at Saizeriya's Sichuan Bei Lu branch.
[Cover image via Sina]